Saturday, August 1, 2015

Me a Running Coach?

My last gym workout this week, before Angkorwat Marathon on August 9:

Distance: 4km
Pace: 6:43/km
Duration: 26:53
Location: Treadmill
Buddy: Myself

Core Workout [3 sets]
High Plank with march 45secs
Knee Crunches 12x
Pendulum Leg Swing 12x
Bird Dog 30secs per leg
Half Plank 45secs

Yesterday was a busy day at work and receiving a message from an old friend asking about running really made my day. I get excited as someone dear to me is converting herself into a runner.

She wanted to run 21km in SG Standard Chartered Marathon in December. She asked me if she can do it, of course I encouraged her even without knowing her capabilities. But I honestly believe that she can because it's really possible with the length of training available. I gave her a simple workout guide for 18 weeks, based on my experience when I was starting with running.

And of course this not just a "You can do it!" encouragement kind of a way, because running 21km is no joke. I asked her to try it for a month and then she would give me a feedback every 2 weeks to assess how she progresses and address her challenges. I really hope that she will push through with this.

I'm not considering myself as a professional runner, much more as a running coach. Being regarded as someone knowledgeable and trusted on giving an advice about this sport felt really great. I hope that my friends who are becoming a runner will find running fulfilling as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment