Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Interval Workout: Polen is Trying to Get Faster

Distance: 5km
Pace: 6:25/km
Duration: 00:32:07
Location: NBS Gym
Buddy: Myself

Interval: 800m x 200m
Pace: 6/km x 8/km

Core Workout: [3 sets]
12 reps knee crunches
12 reps obliques crunches
12 reps leg raises
12 reps pendulum
60 secs half front plank

Don't be fooled. I don't exactly know what I was doing.


I was looking for a treadmill workout for runners last weekend. I can't seem to find something understandable. There are percentages, efforts, etc. So I ended up doing something easier, since I can't afford to hire a coach (impractical for me).

Why doing this? Why getting crazier? Because I've just decided that I wanted to get faster. I aim to run 10km below 1 hour, despite my tight schedule and trying to keep the balance between work and life.

Hopefully, I'd get my new PR this September.

My current numbers are:

10km Nike Manila 2012 >> 1:08:++ (official time)
21km Milo Dagupan 2015 (split) >> 1:04:++ (self-monitored)

No comments:

Post a Comment