Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Coach is Back and We Ran Away!

Because I cannot come to my weekday training schedule, I have a new strategy - squeezing in my training in a 2-day and 2-part long runs during weekends. Is this cheating? I don't care, as long as I have a weekly run.


Life and work are becoming harder every day. I need some miles to refresh my thoughts! Yeah, the cure to exhaustion is another exhausting activity! This is like "I feel like I can run a full marathon every weekend" kind of emotion. I'm so stressed!

Most of the time, running is an antidote to my fury. Oh wait, I mentioned that I am on a training! Well, yes and no because I have not yet bought a ticket to Tokyo. So technically this weekend run is purely of a sanity maintenance.

It was funny that Abby was in the same boat of struggles at work when she send me a message last week. "I need an exhausting run!", I smiled while reading this. I'm happy that finally the Coach is joining me this weekend. We have not met since Caliraya 360. I know our running days together will be less, so I will enjoy the days like this while it lasts.

We had a chill-paced 18km run on Saturday while catching with anything about everything that concerns the both of us. I won't give specifics, because we're secretive women.

She asked for a round 2 on Sunday, and did a shorter 7km run. After our workout, I saw coach Lit Onrubia together with Jaymie Pizzaro passing by Rizal Drive towards the corner of St Lukes. "Di'ba si Coach Lit yun?", I told Abby. And then we freaked out!

I run fast towards them, while Abby was preparing her mobile phone so we can take a photo with them. The two even stopped by Jollibee to use the comfort room. This was our chance to catch up. But we just stand on the island, across the fast-food restaurant, while still discussing on how to approach them.

After their bathroom break, they crossed the street and were about to approach us. We freaked out more. And instead of celebrating this moment and waited for them to come our way, we ran away! Yeah, that was stupid! We tried to track them, but it was too late.

I really don't have the social skills until today. I thought I conquered it, but I guess it will never be my nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment