Thursday, August 6, 2015

Run + Travel: Traveling to Siem Reap Tonight

No more training this week!

Work has been hell since Monday. But I'm glad that I was allowed to take a leave for my first out-of-the-country race - The Angkorwat Marathon! Weee.. I'm excited!


..and at the same time nervous! What to expect from this race? There had been very few reviews about this race for full marathon, because probably this is only the second year they are having a full marathon category.

The feeling of being under-training is given, which is often the jitters to every race. Also, this is a different scenario. I have questions in mind like, are they having enough hydration, porta-lets, medics?, Will there be photographers to capture our sweaty looks?, as these are common here in Manila races, to which I get comfortable already that I had to focus solely on my running. Also other concerns are, where to eat for carbo-loading? Are they having Gatorade there? Because it's my hydration brand. Obviously, I can't bring everything to anywhere, so adjustments are necessary. That's part of the traveling adventure.

Oh well, that's too much to think about. What I can only do is to prepare with the best that I can and live with whatever I can bring in my backpack.

That's all for now. Wish me luck on my 5th full marathon race :)

P.S.: Time to beat is 6 hours and Personal Best time to beat is 5 hours 25 minutes! yay! (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment