Sunday, October 4, 2015

Run + Travel: The 39th Milo Iloilo Leg

Date: September 20, 2015
Location: Iloilo Sports Complex, Iloilo City, Ph
Distance: 10km
Official Time: 1:07:25

I aimed for a sub-1 and at least top 10 ranking in female division. But the girls here in Iloilo are running beasts!


At gun start, I tried to speed up. I think I was at below 6 minutes per km pace. It felt high. But after 2 intervals, my legs was about to get cramps. It was heavy. I was a fool to think that it was completely healed a week after the grueling hills at Caliraya. Well, I just tried and hoping that maybe I can beat these girls.

So I just run with my best effort and enjoyed the city run. Iloilo City is a developed province like Cebu. It was less crowded and clean. But there are few place of interests for purposes of touring around. But you can enjoy and try different food choices here like their famous La Paz Batchoy at Netong's. But if you have more time to stay here, you can visit nearby provinces in the West Visayas region, like Guimaras and Antique.


No medal this time, just a certificate.



No comments:

Post a Comment